www.premerasettlement.com – Wanna file claim for Premera Blue Cross Security Incident Settlement? Read on to know moreGuide
Premera Blue Cross is a leading healthcare provider for both individuals and families. It specializes in providing simple and all-inclusive healthcare plans to the North-Western States at a very affordable package.
A settlement amount of a total of $32 million has been reached upon by a class action. It alleges out of breach of a security incident in Premera where the computer network of Premera was targeted by the criminal cyber attack externally beginning in May 2014. The attack was believed to be carried on by the Advanced Persistent Threat group based in China. Through these series of cyberattacks, series of personal information of patients and customers have been accessed and compromised including name, healthcare plans, payment gateways, Social Security Number name of employers, contact numbers and many more. Premera announced the incident, however on March 17, 2015.
As per the Plaintiffs (one who sued), the Defendant (in this case, Premera) failed to safeguard the personal information resulting in a breach. The defendant denied in involving in any kind of wrongdoing by entering into a settlement.
Eligibility Criteria to File Claim for Premera Blue Cross Security Incident Settlement
To file a claim for Premera Blue Cross Security Incident Settlement, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be a legal citizen of the United States of America.
- If Personal information was stored in Premera Computer Network and may have been exposed during Security Incident.
- If you have received a postcard containing the Notice for the settlement. If you have not yet received the Notice, call up your Settlement Administrator at toll-free number 1-877-202-7335.
Rules and Regulations associated with Premera Blue Cross Security Incident Settlement
Before filing your claim, you must check down certain facts. To begin with:
- Your claim must be filed and submitted within March 30, 2020.
- In case you exclude yourself from the claim as a class member, you are forfeiting your right to claim any form of settlement.
- In case, you do not agree with all the clauses of settlement, you can write to the Court about your reason for objection.
- You cannot sue, continue to sue or become a part of any other lawsuit against the defendants while being the class member of this settlement.
- The deadline for both objections and exclusion from the settlement is January 29, 2020.
Premera Blue Cross Security Incident Settlement Prize
The court hasn’t decided in favor of either the defendant or the plaintiff. The Settlement has proposed to formulate a fund of $32 million Qualified Settlement Fund to provision Class Members with following benefits:
- Cash Payments to reimburse Out of Pockets documented Costs.
- Credit Monitoring and Insurance Services.
- California Settlement Payments.
- Default Settlement Payments.
- Remedial measures are undertaken to enhance the security measures of Premera computer terminal systems.
Steps to file claim for Premera Blue Cross Security Incident Settlement
Are you meeting all the eligibility criteria mentioned above? It’s time to file for your claim to get your settlement benefits. Follow these processes to file a claim without any hassle:
- Open your browser and visit, www.premerasettlement.com/.
- From the menu bar, click on Submit a Claim.
- Read the instruction to successfully file your respective claim. Since there are multiple benefits, you can opt for any one of the benefits mentioned above. Instruction wise, you need to keep info ready.
- After reading and keeping all the relevant documents with your side, click on Start Your Claim Form
- As part of the filing, fill the following fields:
- Unique ID.
- First Name.
- Middle Initial(s).(not compulsory).
- Last Name.
- Date of Birth. (mm-dd-yyyy).
- Zip Code.
- Phone Number.
- Email Address.
- Click on Next.
- Keep on filling up the form as per the nature of settlement you wish to claim for.
- Submit the claim.
Your Unique ID would be mailed with the Notice for the settlement. If you have not yet received the Notice, call up your Settlement Administrator at toll-free number 1-877-202-7335.
In case, you wish to do it traditionally, you can also mail your settlement claim. Download the copy of the Settlement Claim Form from the link www.premerasettlement.com/Content/Documents/Claim%20Form.pdf directly. Fill up the form with the requisite details along with the nature of the settlement prize you wish to claim. Mail it to the following address:
Premera Settlement Administrator
P.O. Box 3607
Portland, OR 97208-3607
Details and distribution of Premera Blue Cross Security Incident Settlement Prize
- If you opt for Credit Monitoring and Insurance Services, you will get facilities like $1 million reimbursements in case of identity theft, stolen funds; anti-phishing apps form iOS and Android mobile device, dark web monitoring, threat alerts by IBM Watson, safe browsing software, high-risk transaction alerts and many more.
- You can claim for cash payments to reimburse Out of Pockets documented Costs, if you have spent your money for addressing identity theft and fraud, provided those transactions directly trace back to the Security Incident, or invested money to safeguard from any possible cyber attacks. Henceforth, you will be eligible to claim for up to $10,000 reimbursement of these expenditures. This part can be claimed only for the expenditures or losses incurred on or after May 5, 2014.
- In case, you do not wish to pursue Out of Pockets, you can settle for default settlement payment starting from $50 to more.
- You can apply for California Settlement Payments for an additional $50 compensation or more.
Additional info on Premera Blue Cross Security Incident Settlement
- The official name of the settlement lawsuit is Premera Blue Cross Customer Data Security Incident Litigation, Case No. 3:15-MD-2633-SI.
- The final hearing will be held under Honourable Michael H. Simon, United States District Judge for the District of Oregon and Mark O. Hatfield United States Courthouse.
- The court-appointed ‘Class Counsel’ consists of the law firms, Tousley Brain Stephens PLLC, Hausfeld LLP, Ahdoot & Wolfson, PC, Lockridge Grindal & Nauen PLLP and Stoll Berne.
- Final Fairness Hearing is scheduled on March 2, 2020
- Defense Counsel is Paul G. Karlsgodt of Baker & Hostetler.
Final Hearing Date: The Final fairness Hearing date is on March 2, 2020.
Contact Settle Administrator for any queries to toll-free number 1-877-202-7335.
Premera Settlement Administrator,
P.O. Box 3607,
Portland, OR 97208-3607.