Fix “The network connection between your computer and the VPN server was interrupted” ErrorLogin Help
Why the network connection between your computer and the vpn server was interrupted
The network connection between your computer and the VPN server was interrupted. This can be caused by a problem in the VPN transmission and is commonly the result of internet latency or simply that your VPN server has reached capacity. Please try to reconnect to the VPN server.
Fix “the network connection between your computer and the VPN server was interrupted” Error
If you are facing “The network connection between your computer and the VPN server was interrupted” Error on PCs/Laptops while trying to set up a VPN Server on Windows 10 or other OS versions, then you are in right place
In this article, will are discussing about this VPN Server issue in details and providing some recommended methods/procedure to fix this issue on Windows 10 device. Let’s start the discussion.
What is VPN?
“Virtual Private Network (VPN)” technology lets a computer using a public internet connection join private network by way of secure “Tunnel” between that machine and the network. This technology protects the data from being seen on tampered with by bad actors or unauthorised users. VPN support Consumer VPN services that allows individual users to surf the internet privately from home or public setting, and business-oriented solutions that allows the employees or business users to securely connect to corporate network remotely.
Moreover, VPN (Virtual Private Network) connections are controlled by custom software like Cisco AnyConnect, OPenVPN and others. Another option that is generally supported by the most virtual private network is to use “Microsoft’s built-in VPN Client” which is useful when some VPN don’t provide their own client of if you want to use VPN protocol not supported by your VPN’s client. Like IKv2.
Now comes to matter “The remote connection was not made because the attempted VPN tunnels failed”, many users have already reported about this error massage on various online platforms including Microsoft official online platforms and other popular platforms, and asked for the solution. Users explained that the following error message appears on Screen when trying to connect or set up a VPN server on their Windows 10 OS based device.
“The network connection between your computer and the VPN server was interrupted. This can be caused by a problem in the VPN transmission and is commonly the result of internet latency or simply that your VPN server has reached capacity. Please try to reconnect to use VPN server. If this problem persists, contact the VPN administrator and analyze quality of network connectivity.”
- Some user reported about “The network connection between your computer and the VPN server could not be established Windows 10” Error. It is another VPN Error that appears while trying to setup VPN server on Windows 10 or connect to VPN server.
- “VPN Error 807”, “VPN Error 806”, “VPN Error 800”, “VPN Error 691”, “VPN Error 868”, “VPN Error 691” and “VPN Error 809”
- “VPN is Connected but not working”
- “Slow VPN Connection”
- “VPN is not connecting on Windows 10 PC”
- “VPN unlimited “No Internet Connection” Error
- “VPN blocked does not work through router. How to enable Connection”
- “VPN blocked by Java Security on PC”
- HideMe VPN won’t connect
- Unable to establish tunnel
- An authorised connection is accepted
- VPN connection attempt is rejected
- Cannot reach locations beyond the VPN server
How to fix error 807: Network connection interrupted
- Disable your firewall temporarily, to rule it out as one of the causes
- Do the same for your antivirus/antimalware software
- Restart your router and disable its firewall temporarily
- Switch to a wired connection
- Disconnect from the troublesome server and try connecting again
- If possible, check the host server and restart it
- Check whether the connection details are correct or haven’t changed
- Restart your computer
Performing these steps can help you restore the connection between you and the VPN server. If your connection was interrupted, it could be caused by the following:
- Your PC settings have changed
- The settings of the host VPN server have changed
- Security settings/software affect your connection
- The VPN server has reached its maximum capacity
More often than not, restarting your computer (the client PC) should fix the issue. So you might want to start with that.
If the server is not responding
In this case, you’ll usually see something along the lines of the network connection between your PC and the VPN server could not be established.
If the server is not responding and you can’t establish a connection to your VPN server, try the following fixes:
- In the VPN connection’s properties section, set your VPN type to Automatic
- Check if the correct IP address and hostname are correct
- Reset your router
- Try pinging the VPN server, to see if it’s still online and reachable
- Check if your PC’s firewall settings allow VPN traffic
3 Answers 3
I resolved this issue by:
1) Right clicking the VPN connection. Select Properties.
2) Click Security tab. Make sure Type of VPN is set for Automatic (mine was set for PPTP)
This resolved my issue. Hopefully it will yours.
The following steps could help you to diagnose and resolve error 807:
1-Check out if you are using the correct Hostname or IP address.
2-Make sure that you internet connection is working properly, if not then reset the adapter or modem, as the case may be.
3-Ping the VPN server to ensure it is available. For this, click “Run” after clicking the “Start” button on the windows screen. Type “Ping” followed by the name of your VPN server or IP address. Press enter. You will come instantly come to know if the server is working or not, in the resulting DOS screen.
4-Confirm your computers firewall settings are still configured to permit traffic to and from your VPN. As you are using PPTP protocol, TCP Port 1723 and GRE Protocol 47 must be opened/enabled.
5-If any of the antivirus installed at your system is causing the problems in VPN connection than remove it or alternatively, add the the IP of remote client in its configuration settings.
6-If you are able to connect to VPN from your desktop but not from your laptop, it could be probably due to security software such as Microsoft OneCare that is quite capable of blocking GRE, uninstall it and check out the results.
7-If the problem still exists, make a request for VPN server security certificate verification.
hopefully it will work
VPN Error 807 is a common VPN Error which may occur due to following reasons:
- Antivirus or firewall is blocking your connection.
- overload on server.
- Slow internet.
You can follow these simple solutions to fix VPN Error 807
- Disable Antivirus and Firewall while creating vpn connection.
- Make double sure that your VPN IP Address, Username and Password are correctly entered.
- Clear history and cookies and Registry also.
- Set VPN Connection Type to PPTP. I found these solutions while searching for this error. Click Here to know more about these solutions. Hope this helps.
PPTP/GRE ports not passing through my Firewall
Thank you for the quick response.
I thought, from the angst and frustration of my users I was going to be on the next “Ow, my Balls!” TV show contestant.
I did some testing and found that this server cannot get out onto to the Internet. I cannot ping www.yahoo.com or browse the Internet.
default gateway? what is subnet and default gateway of server vs. other machines that work?
First off, Id like to thank everyone for their suggestions. I really appreciate the help out there….
The post Fix “The network connection between your computer and the VPN server was interrupted” Error appeared first on SecuredTop.
Source:: Secured Brain